Labour and parts for BMW N47 Timing Chain Kit Replace Change for N47 Engine Codes LABPARTTIMCHAINN47
Welcome to GT Cars repair service. We have vast experience in repairing BMW cars.
We repair cars for private customers, car sales and garages. Many of the major breakdown services that know us also recommended us to their customers. Having just taken on 2 more mechanics to keep up with our weekly tasks we can now do more than ever. Many big tasks, like timing chains, valve stem oil seal, turbochargers and back axles we can offer he same day service. We can do this as, we are very organized, all parts required will be in stock, the right equipment, the right tools, and highly qualified staff.
We can do the following much much more. Full diagnostics, change ECU, program ECU, code modules to cars, reset adaptation, timing chains on petrol engines, timing chains on diesel engine, engine rebuilds, engine overhauls, head gaskets on petrol engine, head gaskets on diesel engines, turbocharger on petrol engine, turbochargers on diesel engine, replace the bearing in BMW rear axles, replace injectors, replace glow plugs, clean and regenerate DPF on diesel cars and much much more. In fact, if you have a problem with your BMW then give us a try.
A bit of background of us and what we have done. Having done over 1,100 rear diffs, 700 N47 timing chains, 300 N47 turbochargers, 1,000's of services and numerous electrical faults makes us very qualified to service or repair your BMW.
Description and explanation of this repair
The timing chain controls the movement of the camshaft driven by the rear crankshaft timing gear. The chain and all the components that need to be replaced are inside the engine at the rear so a repair involves a lot engine components to be disassembled.
There are 3 timing chains fitted to this engine. The first one is driven from the rear crankshaft gear to the oil pump. The second one from the crankshaft gear to the diesel fuel pump gear, and the third from the fuel pump gear to the inlet camshaft gear. All of these are very critical to in the correct position.
To know if you car need a chain replacement you will more than likely notice a change to the engine with a slight rattle or down in power and difficult to accelerate. For a proper diagnostic it would be best for you to bring the car to us for a quick look over and very quickly we can let you know if this needs to be done. This rattle is known as the death rattle in the motor trade as the results of not getting it done can be catastrophic.
If you have any of these symptoms it is far better to get the repairs carried out sooner than later. If the chain was to break or even slip a tooth on the cogs you can cause internal damage which will be a much more expensive repair and will be several days to accomplish.
All of the components mentioned in our parts need to be removed during disassembly and no point in not to replacing at this time.
As we have to remove you injectors to do this task we will also clean you injector seats and replace the inject washers for a perfectly tight seal. Never put back an old injector seal as it will more than likely leak.
We see the cost of doing this job priced from high to low. Having done over 1,000 of these we simply could not do it correctly for any less. If in doubt give a BMW main dealer a call and find out their costs. If you see the cost for any less that what we charge you have to question how it can be done.
The most common chain and guide to fail is the one from the camshaft to the diesel fuel pump but the others in the engine also fail for sure. We have seen several cars repaired with only this chain and guide having been replaced with the rest of the worn component remain in the engine. This method takes about 3 hours and no major engine disassembly, a lot less components used, a lot less time spent doing the job hence a much lower price. Doing this if fine a long as you know you still have worn components in the engine that can fail. We can carry out this task at a much lesser cost but no warranty and no guarantee of a rattle free engine.
Equipment required to carry out this task is quite extensive. A 2 post ram, air con machine, clutch alignment tool, clutch compressor tool, coolant vacuum tool, calibrated torque wrench, injector seat cutting tool, timing chain locking kit, crankshaft locking arm and lifting table with jig for engine and gearbox. Not to mention the hand tools, impact tools and last but the most important, technicians and handpicked mechanics that can do this job right the first time. No coming back to get oil leaks and bad running faults fixed. It will be done correctly first time.
Same day service
If your get your car to us late evening or very first thing in the morning you will have it back all done the same day and rattle free.
Parts changed for this repair
1. Timing chain from camshaft to diesel pump
2. Timing chain from diesel pump to crankshaft
3. Timing chain from crankshaft to oil pump
4. Timing chain hydraulic tensioner for camshaft chain
5. Timing chain hydraulic tensioner for fuel pump chain
6. Rear crankshaft oil seal
7. Rear timing case cover
8. Sump gasket
9. Rocker cover gasket
10. 4 x new injector washer
11. Rocker cover gasket
12. Oil filter
13. 5.2 Litres of 5W-30 low SAPS oil ACEA C3 grade
15. New sump plug and washer
16. Spray bar for fuel pump timing chain 13527797909
17. Timing chain floating guide for camshaft
18. Timing chain fixed guide for camshaft
19. Timing chain floating guide for fuel pump
19. Timing chain fixed guide for fuel pump
20. Inlet manifold gaskets x 4
- Brand : BMW
- Type : Timing Chain replacement
- Engine Configuration : Inline
- Number of Cylinders : 4
- Engine code : N47
- Time : Same day service
- Parts replaced : Timing chain from camshaft to diesel pump; Timing chain from diesel pump to crankshaft; Timing chain from crankshaft to oil pump; Timing chain hydraulic tensioner for camshaft chain; Timing chain hydraulic tensioner for fuel pump chain; Rear crankshaft oil seal7; Rear timing case cover; Sump gasket; Rocker cover gasket; 4 x new injector washer; Rocker cover gasket; Oil filter; 5.2 Litres of 5W-30 low SAPS oil ACEA C3 grade; Antifreeze; New sump plug and washer; Spray bar for fuel pump timing chain; Timing chain floating guide for camshaft; Timing chain fixed guide for camshaft; Timing chain floating guide for fuel pump; Timing chain fixed guide for fuel pump; Inlet manifold gaskets x 4
- Warranty : 12 month or 12,000 miles which ever comes sooner
RRP - £3,300.00