Beetle Convertible 03-2011 Roof Hydraulic Ram Passenger and Driver Side 1Y0871795B
Welcome to Beetle Mania spares parts.
We pride ourselves with the parts we offer the Beetle owners helping you keep your loved Beetle in perfect health at prices that won't break the bank.
90% of the Beetles we recycle are complete and running cars. They are fully tested before disassembly to make sure all the components work as they should do.
All our parts are 100% tested so you will receive you part whether it be a bulb or an engine will function as it should do. We have purchased used parts ourselves in the past and to say we have been disappointed on many occasions would be an understatement.
They are generally filthy dirty for one, broken and miss described, the wrong part or it doesn't work. If you have bought used part in the past we are sure you have had similar experiences.
When you see our used spare parts supplier selling badly damaged body panels and defective or damaged parts you have to question, what condition their other parts are like. Have they even had the engine they are selling en been tested.
All our cars drive so not only can we hear the engine running and give it a compression test, we can also drive them to make sure the brakes, central locking, alarm, windows, lighting, heating, air conditioning, brakes, gearbox and all suspension all functions as it should do.
All our engines we video running which you can view, and carry out a compression test on all cylinders to make sure everything is fine.
Purchase your Beetle parts from us and you will receive them, fully cleaned, acutely descried, the correct part and fully functioning as it should do.
This is a hydraulic ram for a Beetle Convertible roof. Part number is 1Y0871795B and 1Y0 871 795 B. The roof is quite simple in design and has only two hydraulic rams. One in the drivers side rear quarter panel and one in the passenger side rear quarter panel.
Fits all models Convertibles from 2003 to 2011. The ram is for either side. Driver and Passenger.
If your roof has stopped working and you can hear the pump in the boot of the car working but making a lot of noise then more than likely one of the hydraulic rams has burst a seal and failed.
The only way to fix the fault is to fir a replacement hydraulic ram.
How do I know it's a ram that has failed?
If when the roof is down have a look at the very rear between the roof and the rear quarter inner panel is and you can see the ram from the top here. It's not the one on top it's approx 10 inches down where you will see it and a hydraulic pipe at the the end.
If you can a lot of smearing and a big dust trail this will for sure be the ram. The dust sticks to the oil where it leaks on the inner bodywork. The ram will need to be replaced.
Quite a time consuming job as firstly you will have to strip out the entire rear interior to firstly replace the ram and then as you have lost hydraulic oil you will also have to stip out the boot trim so you can replenish the oil in the pump.
If you not sure then by all means give us a call.
This ram fits both sides. You may have to change the bracket on the bottom depending which side we sent you. A simple circlip and pin.
Beetle Mania keeping your Beetle on the road at a cost that won't break the bank.
- Roof Type : Folding Fabric Roof
- Brand : Volkswagen
- Manufacturer Part Number : 1Y0871795B, 1Y0 871 795 B
- Type : Beetle Convertible roof hydraulic ram
- To fit : Beetle Convertible 03-2011
- Fit location : Passenger and driver's side ram
- Colour : Black and Silver
- Material : Steel
- Warranty : 3 months from purchase
- Supplier : Beetle-Mania
RRP - £189.95
Frequently Asked Questions
- I would like to buy this part but can't find anybody to fit it for me. Do you guys at Beetle Mania offer a fitting service?
- Yes we do. We will gladly fit any item we sell.
- What do you guys at Beetle Mania charge for fitting this part?
- To fit this part we would charge just £120.00.
- How do I arrange for this part to be fitted?
- You can either message us, contact us through our website or give us a call on our workshop phone line.
- What if the part you have fitted doesn't work or fix the problem?
- Once our red face of embarrassment have disappeared we would either get another part from stock and fit this as an alternative. If the alternative part doesn't work the problem lies somewhere else for sure. We know this as all our pars are 100% tested before being removed from a vehicle.
- I have bought many parts from my from you guys and I am more then happy with your rapid delivery and quality of parts. They have all been very clean and 100% as described. Other used parts sellers need to be more like you. As a regular buyer of part from yourselves is there a discount scheme available?
- Thank you for you kind remarks we do try our best and sincerely enjoy sending fully recycled working clean parts to Beetle owners. There is a way to receive a discount for regular customers. If you go to our website and register as a customers that would be the first step. Once you have bought 2 items from us we will put you in in our Beetle Mania loyal customers group where you will receive a 10% discount on all used parts, servicing and repairs.